The internet and social network platforms in particular is a free space, with millions of different views and opinions. Are you perhaps a retailer of some sort, it can be a good idea to have a think about how you will deal with any negative feedback about your products, services and brand.
Secondly, do you have the time and manpower to dedicate to this project so that your company can achieve quality results instead of supplying yet another poorly updated Facebook fanpage?
The first step is to establish the main objectives. Ask yourself, what is it exactly that you want to get out from a social media/network presence?
Do you want to:
- Reach new customers?
- Engage with existing customers? for feedback and thoughts on how you can improve your service to them?
- Increase conversion in your store or website?
- Spread information about promotions?
- Increase the awareness of your company/brand?
- Increase the traffic to your website of new potential customers?
- Increase your newsletter subscribers base?
- Enable customers to share or interact with your content?
Put your thinking cap on and be well aware of why you are doing this and what it is you want to achieve with your chosen channels.
(part 2-7 to follow)