A cute Easter gift I got from my friend Sarah.
This week has been a lesson in patience, that’s for sure.
Not only did I choose to skip on going up to see my family over Easter to prioritize finalizing as much work on the book as humanly possible since it’s taken more time the expected. Unfortunately things didn’t work out and I didn’t get what I needed the most to work on (cest la vie – I wasn’t able to foresee that) and I was alone over Easter missing my family and my sisters birthday.
To add to the destitute I’ve had no friggin internet for days. I finally got it back TODAY after 5 days!
I always try to think how I can get forward and further with my work even though I have roadblocks, but this time there was nothing I could do about it. Except to wait and see what else I could get a head start on.
We are all doing our best – it’s going to be awesome when the book is finally out. But the most stressful thing for me – and what makes me freak out - is that I’m back to full time at my day job and wont be able to be as available for this project as I’ve been before. My heart is really in this and I want it to be the best book ever, not only because it’s my baby but also for the rest of the lovely people I’m working with. I want to see this succeed.
What else? there was a fire on Easter Saturday close to my building and I was up at 7 in the morning preparing small bags with dried fruits in small bags with purple bows – did I get any kids knocking on my door? No, not a single soul. (In Sweden kids hand out Easter letters and get candy, dressed up to small witches and wizards).
And without internet, I was not able to work on the website for Elegantly Vegan, I was unable to get further with this as well.
I’ve felt incredibly frustrated and sad this weekend, a bit depressed to be honest missing my sisters birthday and family time. On Friday morning I was so sad I had to go running at gym. Good thing is I ran like a bad ass biatch.
My goodie bags for the children that never came knocking
But I try to focus on the positive. So here is my cone to balance up the crap:
- I got three recipes published in Pinto Magasin, together with three photographs I’ve taken to accompany them.
- I learned the hard way to take responsibility for my own choices and that I need to balance my life a bit more when it comes to seeing both family and friends and not prioritize work before them so much. Even if I do, it wont always work out.
- Elegantly Vegans Facebook page now got over 100 fans already and I have not even had time to promote the page yet! I’m so grateful for all the support! It really means the world to me. Thank you! <3
- I got the cutest gift from my friend Sarah. She also helped me snap some bio images for me to use that looks more professional then the self-snaps I’ve taken with my iPhone.
- I’m penciling in a long weekend at my moms house up north in May. I need family time. It’s a priority.
- I got the opportunity to do my recipe newsletter for April. It’s both delicious and good for ya!
- Sarah teached me how to smile with teeth.
- I got some gym and walking time. This ass is getting in good shape.
Smiling with teeth, for someone who used to have braces, it’s not something I like to do. This is one of the photos I wont be using, I just liked it because its blurry and I smile. (Sarah takes much better photos then this when I goofed around!)