This is my best vegan toffee recipe which I though I ought to share with you, since all vegans should know how to make deliciously creamy toffee during the Holidays.
You can remove the cacao from the recipe and experiment with other spices. You can also completely remove the honey from the recipe if you do not eat honey.
- 100 gram vegan butter
- 4 table spoons of cacao
- 2 dl Oatly cream or any other cream substitute
- 3 dl of dark muscovado sugar
- 1 dl of syrup
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
How to do the toffee:
1. Melt butter in a pot
2. remove the pan from the heat
3. Add cacao and cinnamon to the melted butter and whisk together, there should be no lumps
4. Add Oatly cream and whisk together
5. Add honey and syrup and whisk together.
6. Add your sugar, whisk together and add the pot to the heat again
7. let the mixture cook up to a boil
8. Lower the heat and let the mixture gently cook, it should bubble away gently
9. Stir every now and then
10. Every ow and then text the mixture with the help of a glass with cold water. Add a dollop of the mixture to the glass and if you can shape the mixture, the toffee is ready.
11. repeat until you get a mixture you can shape or a consistency you are happy with
12. When you do, remove the pot from the heat and immediately pour the mixture into a tray covered with a baking sheet and let cool down
13. Once the mixture has hardened, and is cooled down, cut equally big pieces and wrap them in pieces of baking sheet
14. Store in a cool and dark place. I usually add the toffee to airtight containers with bows on them
Want more vegan recipes like these? Sign-up for my monthly newsletter featuring yummy vegan recipes: